2/3/11

Juice Fast - Day 17 Rest & Relaxation

Thank you to the thousands of people who have happened upon this collection of writing and spent their time listening to my story. I am forever grateful :)
VISIT MY NEW & UPDATED SITE! 
 CONSCIOUS.WIKI
After the last two days of physical exertion, I am ready to have a day to myself! Today is all about rest and relaxation which brings up an perfect opportunity to discuss that role in a juice fast. 

In my opinion, R&R is vital for two reasons. 

To summarize simplistically; Rest will allow the body to recuperate and rebuild. While juicing, you are going through an overhaul of your entire cellular structure. Diseased cells are being consumed and eliminated. Fat and adipose tissue are being broken down to be used as an energy fuel source. Elimination organs such as the liver, kidneys, lymphatic system and sweat glands are working overtime to rid years upon years of poor diet and environmental toxicity. It is only logical that some extra rest will be necessary.  I have had many periods of energetic ups and downs and it is often hard to tell when they are coming. 

Secondly, during this period of fasting I have encountered mental struggles & emotions in a way I did not expect. Rest has provided me personal time to reflect, notice the changes in my body and be thankful that healing like this is possible. I am lucky in the sense that I have ample time to rest, reflect and get in touch with myself spiritually right now, whereas others may not have so much time available, limiting the therapeutic benefits of R&R.

These things considered, the next juice fast I complete will place a priority on energy conservation, strictly light exercise and timing of the juice fast planned carefully so that I am able to relax. 

The couch calls me...

No comments:

Post a Comment