1/20/11

Juice Fast - Day 3 Hunger Pangs & Cost Analysis

Thank you to the thousands of people who have happened upon this collection of writing and spent their time listening to my story. I am forever grateful :)
VISIT MY NEW & UPDATED SITE! CONSCIOUS.WIKI
Wow! Let me just begin by saying that the last two days have been rough! I fought through about 48 hours of pretty intense hunger pangs. I mean, really messed with my mind.. When you are starving it seems like there is nothing that supersedes that feeling.

I took down about 4 large mason jars full of juice and probably 6-8 cups of these various herbal teas:

Yogi - Kava (bedtime)
Yogi - Healthy Fasting
Triple Leaf Tea - Ultra Slim (caution only drink 1 cup of this! Gets things moving if you catch my drift)
Royal King - Lian Zi Cha Cleansing Herbal Tea
Royal King - Reishi Mushroom Whole Slices

I ran into some financial issues right off the bat as I went to Whole Foods to purchase organic veggies. They have a great selection and most everything you need however I didn't plan well and I burned through $45 of vegetables in less than two days. Ouch! This could be due to a couple things.. either I was so hungry that I drank more juice than necessary... OR .. I chose too many really intense/expensive greens. After doing a little more homework I realized that you really only need a few of the highly packed dark green veggies and much more high juice volume items like apples, celery, carrots, melons, etc. Today's trip also sucked $45 bucks out of me however it appears like I'm set for at least 3 days if not more. I also picked up that fruit juices need to be diluted with water because of the sugar concentration so in effect I can double my volume (at least mentally) by making one mason jar of fruit juice only and diluting 50% with water.

On that note, I'm feeling a little hungry just talking about it. Gonna go slam jar :)

Ciao

Weight: 200



Recommended Reading: 21 Pounds in 21 Days






1 comment:

  1. Interesting post and I enjoyed it to read. Your presentation of writing is also good. Thanks

    ReplyDelete