1/25/11

Juice Fast - Day 7 Alcohol Avoidance & Will Power

Thank you to the thousands of people who have happened upon this collection of writing and spent their time listening to my story. I am forever grateful :)
VISIT MY NEW & UPDATED SITE! 
 CONSCIOUS.WIKI
Day 7 is here! So much to share about the last few days. Let me begin with with my triumph over the weekends temptations.....

My friend Carla was having a birthday party this weekend and I was a little worried I wouldn't stick to my guns in the face of a good time and someones birthday. Fortunately, it was much easier than I thought! Days 1-4 had been such a challenge that a feeling of resolve came about me and I just couldn't bear throwing the last 4 days progress away for a night of boozin. Thus, I improvised and picked up various juices throughout the night and still had a great time without the food/booze. I was surprisingly energetic and in a great mood.

I did have a couple of minor setbacks. One, all the juice I was able to locate was pasteurized, nothing was fresh.. but that was to be expected, even here in Florida. Secondly, I was so overjoyed at the ease at which I was making it through the night and my ability to turn down the booze without regret that I broke the rules; I celebrated a dual moment of personal growth as well as Carla's birthday with a Djarum Black clove mini cigar. I know, I know. Bad Jono. It does contradict the purpose of the fast, however it seemed like a very small sin at the time!

All in all it was a great experience. Speaking as someone who has never volunteered for the designated driver honors, I gotta say.. it was alright. I had a pretty good time and really appreciated the missing hangover! In retrospect, it was a great feat of self control and felt pretty good.

As for the juicing, well other than the fact that I'm a bit tired of all the preparation it is going pretty good. I'm discovering what is the best bang for your buck and getting the routine down. Hunger has almost totally dissipated and I only feel it when I'm low on juice.

Best thing that happened this week? My fiancee joined me after she saw what great results I was having with weight loss and energy levels. I am looking forward to pressing on and seeing what lies around day 14.



PS - I have quit taking all prescription meds!

Don't stop the rock,







Jono




No comments:

Post a Comment